If you have tried the Saturday brunch at UNO MAS at Centara Grand at Central World once, I dare say you will return to this brunch at least once, or even more. Why is the Saturday brunch at UNO MAS so irresistible? Why is this brunch currently in trend in Bangkok? Why am I so certain that you will love this Saturday brunch? Let’s look at the reasons below:
WHAT WE LIKE IN THIS BRUNCH
1) à la minute mains 2) Spanish appetizers 3) Oysters 4) Option for free flow Sangria at THB 450++ per person
Must-try dishes Gourmet Bangkok recommends:
1) Cochinillo – pressed suckling pig with a selection of sauces
This is the signature dish of UNO MAS. I tasted the crispy skin with melt-in-your-mouth meat of the suckling pig! It’s very delicious! A dish that you will never forget after tasting it.
2) Wild Porcini mushroom croquettes
The aroma of wild porcini mushroom enhanced the tastiness of this little piece of delicacy! I did crave for more!
3) Halibut with pumpkin puree and sautéed mushrooms
I love this main dish a lot. The halibut was cooked just right to keep its tenderness and smoothness. The fish itself tasted fresh. Eating it with the pumpkin puree gave a very satisfactory sweetness that did not overpower the original flavor of the halibut.
4) Paella – Valenciana, with chicken and seafood
Flavourful and delicious! Although it’s the last main I had in this brunch (meaning I was already quite full), I could still finish this paella with joy! Fresh juice from seafood was fully absorbed in each piece of rice, giving layers of flavors of the ingredients! Very nice dish.
5) Grilled tenderloin beef, 120 days grain fed, served with mashed potatoes and padrones peppers
Beef lovers, like me, will definitely order this dish again and again! Tender and juicy!
There’re four kinds of dessert, among which churros was my favourite! The dark chocolate dipping balanced well with the slightly sweet churros! It’s perfectly ended my lovely Saturday brunch with joy!
What could be done to perfect your brunch experience?
1) Some orders were wrongly served to our table, better order your à la minute dishes systematically.
2) Some mains took quite some time to serve to us. To avoid long waiting time, order dishes, such as beef and cochinillo, that take time to prepare first.
3) Sitting by the windows, though best city view is guaranteed, could be quite hot on a sunny day.
We highly recommend this Saturday brunch to you all!
See our brunch experience here:
Price per person: THB 1,299++
Optional Free Flow of Sangria: THB 450++/ person
UNO MAS Address: 54/F, Centara Grand at CentralWorld, 999/99 Rama 1 Rd., Bangkok, Thailand
Phone: +662 100 6255