Terrazza is an Italian restaurant located on the eighth floor of Pathumwan Princess Hotel, serving authentic, family-style Italian cuisine. Under the stewardship of Roberto Panariello, Chef de Cuisine of Terrazza, simplicity is used as the mantra when creating the scrumptious menu for the restaurant. Pleasing taste relies chiefly on the quality and freshness of ingredients. The authenticity of the cuisine served at Terrazza is further guaranteed by the ‘Ospitaliltà Italiana‘ award granted by the Thai-Italian Chamber of Commerce and Unioncamere.
Terrazza – Fills your stomach with satisfaction
Terrazza should be awarded the best family-style Italian restaurant in Bangkok. Following the tradition of Italian, food and especially a feast of yummy food sharing among family members and friends is an indispensable part of their life. Terrazza is a perfect example of this food culture of Italy.
Terrazza – The dining experience
We have had a fabulous dining experience at Terrazza, enjoying some beautiful dishes prepared by Chef Roberto and his team. Dishes tasted fresh and are delightful to the palate!
(1) Housemade bread
Every piece of bread served is the work of kneading, precise baking and cooking time by Chef Roberto’s team.
(2) Caprese (Fresh Tomatoes, Burrata and Basil leaves) The beauty of this dish is its simplicity. It’s a classic Italian dish consisting of only three ingredients. The sweetness of tomatoes, the freshness of burrata cheese imported from Italy and the aroma of the basil leaves create this freshest and tastiest appetizer.
(3) Fantasy Salmon (Carpaccio Fresh Salmon and Marinated Fresh Salmon, wrapped with SmokedSalmon)
Three kinds of salmon are perfectly weaved together with complementing taste. It’s a plate-licking dish, especially for salmon lovers.
(4) Risotto with Funghi Porcini, Pecorino Cheese & Summer Black Truffle (Porcini Mushrooms, Pecorino Cheese and Black Summer Truffles served in a Parmesan Shell) The serving of this risotto is huge and explosive with pleasing flavours of porcini mushrooms and pecorino cheese. The sauce is the magic of heaven, it can make a perfect dipping sauce for anything, especially warm bread. To savour this dish, break the parmesan shell and eat it with the risotto, it will give you a crispy texture and some cheesy saltiness on your palate! It’s just lovely!
(5) Duck & Balsamic Glaze (Duck Breast, Onion, Garlic, Rosemary, Sage, Thyme, Honey, Balsamic Vinaigrette, Spaghetti, Basil Pesto and Blue Cheese)
After the risotto, we were already quite full. But it’s guilty not to try this dish at all. The duck breast was perfectly cooked to unleash its tenderness and aroma. The balsamic glaze made the duck breast even more enticing.
(6) Scallops & Asparagus (Scallops, Asparagus, Parma Ham and Parmesan Slices) When the best quality of ingredients is chosen for a dish prepared by a chef as experienced as Chef Roberto, it will always be a wonderful dish to savour. The scallops were cooked just right to leave the original juice and flavour.
(7) Pizza Terrazza (Tomato Sauce, Mozzarella, Cherry Tomato, Parma Ham (San Daniele), Wild Rocket, Radicchio and Sliced Parmesan)
How could we not taste a piece of pizza when enjoying Italian cuisine. This pizza struck me with delight! I like the soft pizza dough. With the careful choice of the type of Parma ham, the pizza was tasted with a subtle sweetness. The pizza was flavoursome, with all ingredients complemented to a pleasing rounded taste! It’s lovely!
(8) Cannolo Siciliano Served with Strawberry Ice Cream It’s one of the signature desserts at Terrazza. The crispy cannolo was stuffed with fresh strawberry and ice-cream. Yummy is the only right word to describe this dessert.
(9) Grandmother Giovanna’s Apple Cake It’s another signature dessert at Terrazza and we really highly recommend it to you all! As explained by Chef Roberto, this is his grandma’s home recipe. I personally like this dessert a lot. The apple cake is served hot with soft, tasty apple slices inside the cake! Eating it with the vanilla ice-cream on top, I literally enter a gourmet world of pleasure.
Who in Gourmet Bangkok team reviewed Terrazza?
Chelsea Chan ~ A food lover, golfer, fun lover, and adventurer Chelsea was born in Hong Kong and is a genuine food lover. Her palate is especially sharp on Cantonese food, delicacies from Hong Kong and meat (especially beef, chicken and lamb). She is able to taste how the food is cooked and prepared. Besides, she is also a pro buffet gourmet because of her unlimited appetite. When she says ‘too sweet’, it may not be sweet for you as her preference for chocolate is 72++ dark chocolate.
Neng Srichaisak ~ A pro golfer, travel lover and photographer Neng was born in Bangkok and is an enthusiastic photographer. Ever since joining the Gourmet Bangkok Team, he has developed an intense interest in food and food photography. He is good at searching the best angle for a dish. He likes spicy food and is able to tell the exotic spices used in Asian cuisine. He also acts as the Thai-Cantonese interpreter for Chelsea when reviewing restaurants in Bangkok. As he is a pro golfer, he reviews all golf courses for Gourmet International Team.
Will Gourmet Bangkok recommend Terrazza?
Terrazza is a true family-style Italian restaurant. It’s especially suitable for group gathering because of the hearty portions and varieties of Italian food choices! It’s highly recommended to you all.
Authenticity is the emblem of Terrazza. When you want some real Italian cuisine, Terrazza is where you can go ~ Chelsea
Where is Terrazza?
Pathumwan Princess Hotel
Address: 444 MBK Center, Phayathai Road, Wangmai, Pathumwan, Bangkok, 10330
Phone: +662 216 3700